You will obtain tools to navigate the complex employment landscape of California and will learn practical skills for
The sessions are dedicated to help companies with operations in California’s biggest obstacle course. You can take each session individually or as a series.
All sessions will cover some of California’s complex and often confusing employment scenarios, including the “danger zones” where Employers may not be as savvy. Exercise your brain and tone your HR muscles so that you are able to recognize the issues that can present risks to your company.
Each session is 45 minutes and meant to build on each other but can stand on their own individually.
Session 1: Hire? Who?
- Recruiting for your company: the good, the bad
and ugly of finding the right candidate
- Job Descriptions
- Interview like a champ
Session 4: Job or Career? Which do you have?
Session A December 1, 2020 10:00 a.m.
- Review systems: when to review and how often
- What are the alternatives?
Session 2: You found me!! Now What?
Session A November 3, 2020 10:00 a.m.
- New hire paperwork (all the paperwork that
must be completed before the first day of work)
- Company Orientation
Session 3: Timecards, you have a friend in me!
Session A November 17, 2020 10:00 a.m.
- What’s a timecard?
- Paper vs electronic
- How to use the timecard to protect yourself
- Payroll for beginners and questions you’ve always
had but didn’t know who to ask
- How long to store the cards and when to shred?
- Liability for not having time and what you are
Cost: $95 per class per person or prepay 10 classes for
$750, a value of $950
Repeat a class for $75 per class/per person. Prepay a
minimum of 5 classes for $375, a value of $475.
Advanced HR BOOT CAMP: A series of 1.5-hour class for employers who have the basics!
We will explore:
- Employee benefits—regulations related to vacation, sick time, PTO etc.
- Work Comp Administration
- Exempt and nonexempt employee classifications and how California’s rules di$er from the federal guidelines.
- Leave administration—California’s unique leave laws, PDL, CFRA, bone marrow/organ donation, military
spousal leave, children’s school leave and others. !is now includes COVID!
- Harassment and discrimination—a primer on California’s protected categories and the uniqueness of handling
- EDD paperwork for unemployment/Disability
- DOL hearings/Conferences
Cost: $150 per class per person or prepay all 7 modules for $900, a value of $1050
Repeat a classe for $75 per class/per person. Prepay a minimum of 5 modules for $575, a value of $750.
Required Training for Employers with 5 or more employees
- Sexual harassment Training for Employees (1 hour)
- Sexual Harassment Training for Supervisors (2 Hours)
- Sexual harassment Training for Employees – Spanish (1 Hour)
- Sexual Harassment Training for Supervisors – Spanish (2 Hours)
Cost: Employee training – $120 per hour plus $5 per person for materials,
Supervisor – $120 per hour plus $10 per person for materials